Ellen Pieklo’s – Our End Of Year Accomplishments
Dear District 65 Toastmasters,
We’re quickly approaching the end of a fast-paced Toastmaster year. As I look back, it’s incredible to see how much work takes place in a District and we’ve accomplished a lot:
- Created and published a monthly newsletter and updated web site to enable members to stay engaged with happenings around the District
- Trained 100% of our District Executive Council members and conducted multiple District Council Meetings
- Attended District Leadership Training for Trio members in British Columbia and cast votes for our International Directors and Officers
- Conducted club officer training in both the fall and spring increasing our levels of officers trained to well over 50 %
- We were represented at the International Conference by Jonathan Brooks from Postprandial as part of the International Speech Contest
- Preparing for the 2018 District Leadership Training in Chicago, IL and training of District Officers on June 16, 2018
- Awarded Joseph Babcock the District 65 International Speech Contest Winner and supporting him on his journey to the International Contest levels at the International Convention
- Hosted the Final Fall Conference in Buffalo, NY, as directed by Toastmasters International, celebrating with a 2 day event
- Conducted our Spring Conference in Binghamton, NY, where we voted on the District Officer Positions
- Successfully rolled out the new Pathways Education Program, under the guidance of Sam Mehta, DTM, having the highest training rate for clubs of our region
- Awarded the Communication and Leadership Award to Randi Quackenbush for her work with the Speakers Bureau, enabling community members to carry their voices to Washington, DC
- Established 7 new clubs and have 11 more clubs in the charter process
- Met our goal of being distinguished in terms of membership payments.
This list continues to expand and it would be great to give credit to any single person. That’s just not possible. These are the fruits of our District 65 members. We’ve seen many open houses and recently I attended an open house, where over 10 different Toastmasters attended to provide their support to a club that was membership-challenged.
When we work together, our Toastmasters experience grows, our relationships grow, and the results just seem to flow. In saying that, I would like to thank each and every member for enabling me the experience of serving as your District Director for 2017-2018. I hope that in the future, I can continue to serve as I’ve seen so many Past District Governors and Past District Directors continue to do, each and every day.
I wish each of you an exciting Pathways and Toastmasters journey.
Ellen Pieklo, DTM
Your District 65 Director 2017-2018