District 65 Incentives for 2017-2018
August 1, 2017
Dear District 65 Toastmasters,
The incentives this year will be in place throughout the year. As with every year, it is important that we end out all of our incentives by June 1, 2018 to enable the finances to be closed out and able to be turned over to the next District team. We hope you understand our need to incentivize the District but also to enable a smooth transition to the next team.
In order to bring in new members, it is important to showcase our clubs and to have open houses. In the past, record keeping has become an issue on how money was spent, etc. For every open house hosted by a club, the club will receive up to $50 from the District for reimbursement of expenses incurred. To be eligible, the club officer must submit the date and time of the event, and a general assessment of the event in terms of success and/or failure, including a short lesson learned and receipts for up to $50 worth of food, printing, drinks, etc. This incentive can be used once in the summer/fall, and once in the spring. The incentive will not be reimbursed for any open house taking place after June 1, 2018.
Lessons learned have showed that clubs developing a club success plan perform better. The plan must also be developed and implemented in a timely manner, if it is to be effective. For this reason, every club that develops a valid club success plan, submitted by December 31, 2017, the District will provide a $25 TI Gift Certificate to the club.
The District has had membership retention and membership challenges, yet consistently strong clubs outperform weaker clubs, in terms of numbers. For every club that recruits and brings in 4 new members, the District will provide a $25 gift Certificate to that club for the TI store. To be eligible, the club officer must submit the date and time of the event, and a general assessment. This must be a new member to District 65 and not a dual member. It can be a reinstated member, if the member has been out of Toastmasters for the past year or more. A member can also be a transfer, if the member is transferring from another geographical region.
District Pride Cup Incentive:
This year the District Pride Cup has a new set of criteria. We believe that this is a way for even struggling clubs to be able to win this award. Click on the link below to take a look at the new criteria and start planning your club success plan to help achieve it.
Notes regarding collecting the incentives listed above:
1) The District will place an order to TI once per quarter. Your club may choose to spend any earned District Bucks by sending your supply order list to the District Director, up to the amount you have earned. Any amount greater would need to be paid to the District prior to the order being placed. The dates an order will be placed will be noted on the District 65 calendar, accessible via our webpage. Shipping and handling will be taken into consideration when placing the order. Our goal is to ensure clubs spend the bucks and that having to come up with the money up front is not a hindrance to earning and using the incentives.
2) All expenditures for reimbursement greater than $50 must be approved PRIOR to the expense being incurred or the District will not reimburse it.
3) A completed voucher and corresponding receipts must be submitted within 30 days of incurring the expense. We plan the budget, by month, for when we believe the expenses will be incurred.
4) The District Director and Finance Manager will meet a minimum of once per month to review/sign Reimbursement Voucher requests and checks. One checks are signed, they will be mailed to the Club per the information on the voucher.
5) Payments will NOT be made to individuals for club expense reimbursement without PRIOR approval. The only exception will be in situations when the club is prohibited from having a bank account (corporate sponsors may not permit the club to open an account due to presumed tax liability or corporate policy).
Please reach out to the any member of the District Trio if you have questions about the incentives described above. Also note, the incentives as stated may be subject to change during this Toastmaster year, without prior notice, as deemed necessary to meet the District Success Plan and Financial goals. Any changes made will be posted promptly on the District website and noted in District Leader email/social media communications. Awards earned prior to a change will be honored.
Your D65 Trio
Ellen Pieklo, District 65 Director
Lillian Knight-Faison, Program Quality Director
Keith Maderer, Club Growth Director
Where Leaders Are Made
For questions, please contact the District Trio at