Members, Members, Members
by Kate Olsen, DTM, PDG 2013-2014
Have you completed your Club Success Plan? This plan is your blueprint for success. The plan helps you achieve the Distinguished Club Plan goals. Membership building for most clubs is the hardest goal to meet.
Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success.” —Pablo Picasso
Things to consider when developing your Membership Building Program:
- Develop Membership Building Committee
- Set dates for your events at beginning of program year
- When one event is finished, have the next ready to go
- What kind of events have worked well in previous years?
- How will you advertise your events?
- Who will Chair each event?
- Ask club members to help
- Have fun planning the events
- Set a SMART goal
- Find out if there are District Incentives to help fund your events
- Consider themed events
If you truly want to be successful and become a distinguished club, take time to write your plan, set realistic goals, and start working to make it happen!
Use this link to learn about the Distinguished Club Program and Club Success Plan: http://www.toastmasters.org/~/media/549134EFA75548B6928C43B6BAAFE433.ashx.
In the Spirit of Toastmasters,
Kate Olsen, DTM
Past District Governor 2013-2014