5 Tips to Help Your Free Toast Host Website…
Help Your Club… Get More Members
By Keith Maderer, DTM – Club Growth Director and many others
The most common place people find Toastmasters is on Google…
They go to – https://www.toastmasters.org/ – and hit – Find a Club.
They type in their zip code and look at a few clubs close to them that meet at a time they prefer. Then they look at your club website, members, meeting information and contact us.
Is Your Site Ready?
Take a look at Buffalo Flyers Club – http://buffaloflyers.toastmastersclubs.org/ Is this website ready? At the time of this article, they have a few items that they can work on to improve.
1. Your Home Page is Huge – Next take a look at The Larkin Leaders website for a comparison https://1196232.toastmastersclubs.org
- You only have one chance to make a first impression.
- Photos, announcements and events from your club make it personal and real.
- Keep them rolling down the screen. Write a brief meeting recap or article
2. Meet Our Members –
Have profile photos, bio and social sharing for all members. Unlocked them for all to see. Here is how to fix this.
- Members >>> Edit Your Profile
- Admin or Officer >>> Private Member Directory>>> You can fill out for them.
3. Meeting Information/Directions:
- Spell it out, tell them the details, where to park, use the map, etc.
- Launch Admin Console >> Meeting Info/Dir -TAB >>> fill out and add map
4. Contact Us:
- VP Membership and President – make sure to respond to every inquiry.
- Have 1 or both respond. Two responses is better than none.
- Launch Admin Console >> Email and contact forms >>> Add members name
5. Photos on agenda: Why??
- If guest walks in and see member photos on the agenda. Starts the process of getting to know your members.
- Launch Admin Console >> Meeting Agenda Settings >>> Global Settings
- >>> Include member photos on agenda – check box.
Bonus Tip: Write a meeting recap/summary with current or next meetings agenda. Email to all members and occasionally to guests and former members after every meeting.
“Miss a Meeting… You Miss A Lot! Bring A Guest… Ask A Co-worker??” from Paul Justinger – Clarence Toastmasters
I hope you find these tips helpful. If your website is ready when a guest reaches out, you have a much better chance of having them visit your club. Then it is up to you and your members to make them stay.
Here are some great sites to help you learn to make the most of your Free Toast Host Websites.
Free Toast Host Setup: https://www.toastmastersclubs.org/welcome/
Free Toast Host Support and Training: https://support.toastmastersclubs.org/forum