March 17, 2020
Dear Club Officer,
The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to impact Toastmasters around the world, and we understand the challenge this poses for many as the April dues renewal period approaches. To provide added support to our members and clubs, the Board of Directors has extended the April renewals due date to April 30, 2020. This extension has the following impacts:
- As a club officer, the on-time payment of dues ensures your access to Club Central. If you have not paid your renewal dues by April 1, 2020, you will continue to have access to Club Central through April 30 to allow you to continue supporting your club. To continue your access after April 30, your renewal dues must be paid.
- Clubs that meet the April renewal requirement by April 30, 2020 will receive Distinguished Club Program credit for submission of on-time dues renewals for this period.
- If your club has not met the April renewal requirement by April 1, 2020, the club will display as unpaid on the Distinguished Performance Reports but will be considered in good standing until April 30, 2020. If your club has not met the renewal requirement by May 1, 2020, it will no longer be considered in good standing.
- Members in good standing of clubs in good standing are eligible to compete in speech contests. During the month of April, the online tools that support checking speech contest eligibility may not display accurately for members due to this exception. As such, please ensure that contestants have fulfilled the education requirements (if any) to participate in the speech contest. If so, you may allow them to compete.
- If your members who have not paid by April 1 are concerned that they will lose access to Base Camp, please know that their access will continue until April 30. Please note that members are not receiving a free month of membership, but rather an option to delay payment of their six-month renewal dues until the end of April without an interruption of benefits.
Toastmasters International acknowledges and appreciates the efforts of the many club officers who are diligently supporting club meetings whether in person or online.
For future updates and to review all previous updates related to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), please go to www.toastmasters.org/covid-19.