December 2, 2020
Dear District 65 Toastmaster:
The District Leadership Committee is fired up and ready to go – to find our next leaders for District 65. Are you looking for leadership opportunities to take you to the next level in Toastmasters and in your personal and professional development? The District Leadership Committee (DLC) is tasked with nominating individuals for the following elected positions in District 65:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Directors, for Division A, Division B, Division C, Division D, and Division E.
The DLC is also tasked with reviewing applications for the following appointed positions:
- Public Relations Manager
- Finance Manager
- Administration Manager
- Logistics Manager (while this is a critical role for D65, this is not one of the District roles that receives credit towards the Distinguished Toastmaster requirement to serve in a District role for one year) and
- Area Directors.
The DLC invites applications from energetic, enthusiastic, dedicated individuals interested in providing ethical, quality leadership to serve as District 65 and leaders for the 2021-2022 term. To learn more about the District Leadership Program/Process, please download a copy of the Toastmasters Leadership Handbook.
Challenge yourself to step up and discover the leader in you while you enhance your contribution to our district’s success and your own growth and development.
To nominate someone you believe is qualified to fill a roll please download and fill out the District Leader Nominating Form. You may nominate yourself or another member who meets the qualifications, and you may nominate candidates for more than one position.
E-mail your nomination forms to the Nominating Committee (which includes a courtesy copy to the District Director) at the following email address: ToastmastersD65Leadership@gmail.com.
Nominated candidates must complete and submit the following three items:
(1) The Candidate Application, also known as Call For Nominations
(2) Officers Agreement and Release Statement
(3) In addition, a head shot is required. All documents and photograph must be submitted by email to the DLC Chair and committee members at the time of the nomination.
If you are nominating yourself, please complete and submit the forms identified above.
In addition, you may want to review the nomination process and campaign rules, identified in Protocol 9.
All candidates declaring for a 2021-2022 District Leadership role must declare to the District Leadership Chair Ellen Pieklo of their intent to run as follows:
* Candidates for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director and Division Director – January 15, 2021
* Candidates for Finance Manager, Public Relations Manager, Administration Manager and Area Director, who will be appointed by the incoming District Director.
Candidates who confirm their agreement to run for office will be interviewed by members of the DLC, which is comprised of members representing each Division within District 65. While the DLC chair is part of the process, the DLC chair is not a voting member; the DLC, while not voting will be part of the interview process to learn more about candidates.
After interviews and discussions among committee are completed, the DLC Committee will provide the District Director with a list of candidates approved to run for elected positions during the Spring 2021 District 65 Conference. These recommendations will be made and provided to the District Director at least 6 weeks prior to the D65 Spring Conference, being held via Zoom.
The DLC will also make recommendations for appointed District positions.
Appointments are made by the incoming District Director and will be voted upon at the fall 2021 District 65 Business Meeting.
Ellen O’Connor Pieklo, DTM/PDG
District Leadership Committee Chair
Where Leaders Are Made
Your District 65 2000-2001 DLC Leadership Committee
Arlene Brown, DTM/Current Area 31 & Area 32 Director
Lillian Knight Faison, DTM/PDD
Brion Keller, DTM/PDD
Keith Maderer, DTM
Sam Mehta, DTM/PDG
Ellen O’Connor Pieklo, DTM/PDD