Call for Education Workshop Presenters
Submission Deadline: Friday, September 15th
Submit to: Elizabeth Evanisko, Education Committee Co-Chair
Download the Applications Here:
MS Word Version PDF Version
Fall Conference Theme: “Telling Your story, The Pulitzer Prize Toastmaster”
Toastmasters District 65 Fall 2017 Conference Education Committee is seeking 6 – 9 workshop presenters and 2 alternates to lead workshops on communication, leadership, and personal growth. There will be 2 or 3 sessions of 3 workshops each on Saturday. The sessions will be 40 minutes long including 5 minutes for introductions and 5 minutes for the facilitators to wrap-up including evaluations. Overall event attendance is expected to be approximately 150.
The education workshops are opportunities for Toastmasters to learn specific skills in areas of their interests. Qualified presenters should be able to connect with Toastmasters audiences with appropriate topics.
Please complete the entire application fully and legibly.
If a Toastmaster, please list highest designation with club name(s) and number(s):
Phone Number: ________________ E-mail: _____________________
Type of Presentation: (Communication, Leadership, Personal Growth, Skills Development)
Program Title (max. 10 words):
Session Abstract: (Description / Summary of Content)
Describe Interactive Techniques to Engage Audience:
List 3 Takeaways or Learning Objectives You Intend to Deliver to the Audience:
Please indicate if the presentation is from a Communication Manual, including the project name and manual title (if so, a silent evaluator will be arranged provided you bring your manual with you):
Date(s) and Topic(s), If You Have Presented at Toastmasters’ Events:
Please note, that the presenter is expected to provide their own laptop, if required, or presentation on a thumb drive/memory stick. The conference committee will provide a projector if requested. Please indicate if anything is needed to support the presentation from a logistics perspective (i.e. easel, flip chart, markers, etc.)
If your proposal is not chosen, would you consider serving as a back-up presenter? (Your answer here will not be considered during the selection process.)
- According to Toastmasters International, a workshop presenter CANNOT be compensated for her/his workshop and is responsible for her/his own transportation expenses to the conference.
- A workshop presenter is expected to register for the full day conference, at their own expense.
- The presentation must not include sales pitches, but sales afterward are allowed according to Toastmasters International guidelines. Presenter is solely responsible for all aspects of her/his sales.
- Speakers are responsible for making copies of materials/hand-outs they will be using.
- Workshop presenters are required to sign a standard Toastmasters International speaker’s contract.
Please Include in Your Submission:
- A recent jpg headshot photo and bio must be included with your submission
- Any references that you would like to provide
- It is optional, but it will be very helpful in the decision process, to provide a media file attachment or link to a video which shows your presentation skills.
The final selection will be made after a thorough review of all submissions received by September 15th. Additional information may be requested.
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Toastmasters District 65 Fall 2017 Conference.